Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Number of Winning Players

Current Roll: $11615

The sheer number of terrible players on party poker never ceases to amaze me. I wonder how many players on party poker actually make money. According to my PT database, 40% are winning players. This is absolutely meaningless since I don't have another player in my DB with even 1K hands.

There is no way that 40% of the players make money. In my experience of playing and watching other players, I suspect that at 2/4, the 15th percentile is the break even point, and about 85% are losing players in the long run. Does anyone have any differing opinions?

Hand of the day: I was in the BB with KQo. Two limpers in mid and late position. I bet the flop of K83 rainbow, one folds and I'm raised. The player that raised me is an ABC by the books player. I figured AK would have raised preflop, and a set would have raised me on the turn; I figure at worst it's a split pot. So I checkraise the turn...calls me down with KJ! Mark a few extra BBs for a great read!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hello, I usually find blogs about student cheap calls interesting, but your blog peaked my interest as well.

Keep up the good work, I'm going to bookmark you and get back to looking for student cheap calls blogs.

February 13, 2006 at 5:58:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home