Monday, October 11, 2004

PokerTracker

Current Roll: $7976

I finally bought poker tracker. I imported all my hands since Sep 30th, over 7K of them. First things first, 7K hands is clearly not the long run, but interesting nonetheless.

Monetary Results -
  • Won over $2K in 7300 hands.
  • 7.42 BB / 100 hands. This seems reasonable, but I think I can improve this.
  • 4.81 BB / table hour, true win rate of 18.14 BB / hour or $72 an hour. Not bad, certainly enough to live on.
  • Rake - $821! Over a third of my winnings. Wow.
Preflop Results -
  • Voluntarily put money in the pot 25%. Seems about right.
  • Voluntarily put money in from sb: 43% Seems a bit loose.
Aggression - I'm an aggressive player and think I should be more aggressive.
  • Flop aggression factor - 3.88!
  • Turn - 2.9
  • River - 1.66
  • Overall aggression including PF - 1.77. Definitely aggressive
  • I don't know how I feel about my river aggression, I seem a bit overly cautious.
Time of Day - There are differences. I'm not too surprised, but this is not the long run so who knows.
  • I have winning session totals from 10am - 10pm.
  • My only losing session totals are 10 - midnight and 2am-4am. I'm not surprised as I'm usually tired and unfocused at these times.
Position - I clearly don't take this much into account preflop, all my non-blind $Vol numbers are 21-23%. But I do seem to do a bit better monetarily in later position, so mabye I should make some adjustments. I may be too loose in the BB as I have huge losses there. I should look into this more.

I will def. play around with this some more, but this is interesting inital thoughts. Insights, anyone? Comparisons with your 2/4 results? Let me know.

2 Comments:

Blogger txs said...

I'm running about the same numbers. I'm at 2.66 overall agression however. I think that ends up being a bit high and am currently working to be a tiny bit less agressive after the turn and river. I am at work right now and would have to take a closer look at the numbers at each betting interval to see how I compare.

You BB/Hour rates are high. I'm not sure if you are having a good run or really are just that good ;-) Don't worry about the rake numbers because there really isn't much you can do about it. My BB/hour number are about half of what yours are... either I'm not as good or just in a comparably bad run of cards for the last 25K logged hands :)

Your losses in the big blind include your surrendering blinds so you will always have large losses in the blinds (IIRC)

We should get together and swap databases/chat about our numbers over a beer someday.

October 12, 2004 at 12:36:00 PM PDT  
Blogger mike said...

Hey Croc - 2.66 overall aggression? That can't be including preflop could it? I have 2.65 not including preflop, wich is unbelievable similar.

Regarding hourly rates - I only have (now 8K) hands in the database, but before I got PT I estimated my rate at $60 an hour, and have been playing at this rate for about 2 months now. Give me a few more weeks and we'll jump this number up to something to see if it's possibly sustainable.

Soon I'll put more numbers/thoughts on here, and we can see if there are other differences.

I'd def be up for a beer and poker discussion sometime, are you in raleigh or durham?

October 12, 2004 at 3:35:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home