Wednesday, November 17, 2004

The Last Month

I've noticed a correlation between stress and poker winnings. Over the last month, I've been more stressed than I can remember, and my poker results (read: losses) seriously reflected this. As I mentioned in the post above, I dropped almost 200 BB in 3 weeks, and I wasn't even playing so often. In other words, I wasn't taking my own advice and waiting to be capable of playing my A (or even B) game. So I then took a week off completely and focused on school.

After this I toook some time to relax and refocus on my game. Now it's as good as ever having won 9.4 BB / 100 in the last 4K hands (not quite the long run and probably not sustainable, but I think reflective of solid play).

Also, I wanted to point out that The Cards Speak had an excellent post the other day about begin way ahead / way behind that I have experienced in 2/4, but are probably more common in higher limits.

I'm just getting back into the blogging mode, more coming soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home