Monday, September 20, 2004

Aggression

Current Roll: $5164

For the third time this month I've cashed out and proceeded to have a winning session. So much for the 'cashout curse'.

I promised myself I wouldn't play again tonight, but I did anway. After a slow start of dropping over $100, I upped the aggression level against these weak-tights and just cleaned up. Even including the slow start, I made $159 in an hour and 10 minutes.

The power of aggression is absolutely amazing. Applied to the weak tights who won't bluff or semi-bluff you, it's like a hot knife threw butter. The table I was on went shorthanded, so I was raising preflop about every third hand. Again and again they would see the flop and then fold for one flop bet. I almost felt bad. And it was so easy to see the texture of a flop where I was probably beaten and let it go easily.

For instance, raise K9s UTG, 6 people at the table all weak tight. 5 people see a flop of A74, two clubs. Here, it's easy to check and fold. In the actual hand, it was AQ vs 77 vs 85o and the 85 held when it turned the straight.

I saw one of the worst plays ever, so I thought I would share. I sit at the table and post in mid early position and get AJo, J of diamonds. Flop comes Q83 of diamonds. UTG player bets out and I decide to draw for 3rd best flush. Turn is the Ah and I raise when he bets. River is the Kd, he checks and calls. He turns over a black K9! Not only did he bet a diamond flop with nothing but an overcard, he calls when raised after an ace falls! I'm still amazed at how bad some of these players are.

So many tilting players on short stacks capping with nothing just to get all in, I love it. Someone capped it with me holding pkt 9's when the flop came AT3 rainbow, I of course had AKs and we had capped preflop. What was he thinking? Someone 3 bet my AQs, capped the flop for him to get all-in when I flopped a gut and bdoor flush. My Q kicker beat his 9. Poor guys, I suppose I was in that desperate mode once too. I never plan on going back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home